Friday, December 21, 2007

Damn he's handy!

Last year for Christmas my husband bought me a Les Baer custom rifle in a AR-.223 complete with a Leupold scope (6.5-20x56 Long range) This rifle will shoot a sod poodle (read: prairie dog) at 250 yards like it's nothing. You. Can't. Miss.

Recently we've had some issue with diseases wiping out the dogs so I've been spending more time at the range with my baby. And my husband. However I'm a picky bitch when it comes to rifle rests. How handy that, though my husband is wood retarded, he's a genius with steel. (Handy he owns a machine shop huh?) So I commissioned him to build the Ultimate Rifle Rest. And boy did he come through! You can move the rest left or right or up and down with the handy knobs he built. It also has levels mounted on it and the rest portion itself swivels 360 degrees. Below are pics of The Gun and The Rest (as well as a cute pic of my kid in his daddy's boots!) Enjoy-

The Gun-


The Rest-






The Boy-

2 comments:

Jay G said...

DAMN!!!

If your hubby's not in business making gun rests, he ought to be. That's a FINE looking set-up.

Makes me wish I was a rifleman and not a pistolero... ;)

Rifle's mighty sharp-lookin', too.

And your son is just TOO cute!

Lindsey said...

I tried to tell him when he came home with it that it was EBay time. I think he's going to make 3 more and see if we can pawn them off. He made my wedding ring out of stainless steel!