Friday, April 17, 2009

Six months

Alex my sweet baby girl. You are six months old already. You are nothing at all like your brother was at this age. You are smaller, more delicate some how. Yes you still have those delicious rolls and chubby cheeks that I love to pinch. You have no use for those milestone charts I keep getting in my Inbox. Your brother blew through them. Sitting up, rolling over, crawling, walking all accomplished by 8 months. You have decided to do things in your own time. Not when some damn chart says you should. You are your own woman, my dear. You are laid back and calm, always studying the situation around you. You could care less who holds you and you are quick to grin that amazing toothless smile at anyone that greets you. You fall asleep in my arms with no fuss. You nurse only when you are hungry. You cry when you are overly tired, or wet and for no other reason. So unlike your rambunctious brother.

Yet the two of you adore one another. You will grin at him more quickly then anyone else in the world. You are patient with him as he learns to hold you and as he explores you by poking and prodding. You can tell the the adoration is mutual in the shared looks and cuddles. It's amazing for me to watch.

You have started growling. It's your way of expressing frustration and joy and amusement. It's odd and adorable and wonderful. You are not yet crawling and I am in no hurry for that. You have no teeth but you manage to do you fair share of eating. You love to be held and cuddled and kissed. You love raspberries blown on your tummy and when Daddy tosses you ever so gently in the air. Your are my monkey. With your pale blond peach fuzz for hair and your big deep blue eyes that look in to mine and see me in a way I've never really been seen before.

You are my wish, my hope, my love. You are my everything. You are what taught Daddy and I that love does not divide. It only multiplies. I wish the world for you and I hope that you and your brother continue to appreciate each other, through the inevitable arguments, because together you make up the two halves of my heart. I love you baby girl. Happy 6 month birthday.

No comments: