Monday, November 5, 2007

Update and more proof women are nuts

Where does the time go? I feel like I have been going non stop for weeks but I'm not sure what I've been doing. Remi started sleeping in his own bed Saturday night. Well sort of. He make sit about half the night before he comes to our bed. But half a night with out two little feet stuck in my back is good enough for me. Besides it's nice to have that time with my husband back. The funny thing is that Ed is more upset about me moving him that I am. That little boy has my 6'" 250lb husband wrapped so tightly around his little finger I'm not sure he'll ever come loose. It's ridiculously adorable. I've been blessed with a man that is not only a wonderful husband but a great dad.

Now here's a dilemma I have- I can be shallow. And vain. And I'm just terrible at being the bigger person. I do my very best to combat those faults before they become apparent to everyone else. Usually I succeed in reminding myself not to be a bitch before it becomes an issue. I'm struggling with this now. Saturday night Ed and I have a party to attend. He and his friends (almost all of whom he has know since grade school)have decided to forgo his high school sponsored reunion for a personally organized get together for all of their "group." Fine. Whatever. I'm not comfortable at all around a bunch of people drinking since I'm a two drink max kinda gal. Also my husband is 11 years older than I am and so, of course, are all of his friends. A few of them are closer to 15 years my senior. All of his male friends like me. (Warning: shallow rant coming) Of course I'm not shocked. They're 40ish and most of them are divorced or have been married to the same (also 40ish) women for 20 years. I'm a novelty. I'm 5'7", blond, 25 and (as of last week) officially a size 6. Plus I have big boobs. Yeah, they like me. Unfortunately their wives do not. Which is odd since I don't really know any of them. I went to one New year's party 6 years ago and they all decided they didn't like me, and I quote "Because her pants are too tight." *sigh* That just pisses me off. I am a college graduate. I will have a Master's degree in a year. I am a mother. My brains do not fall out of my ass when I wear a short skirt. I will not look like this forever so I dress trendy. I do NOT dress slutty. I also do not tolerate high school bullshit from women who graduated in the same decade I was born. I've tried being nice to these women. I only see them on rare occasions and I don't have a beef with them. I've done my dead level best to be the mature one. Well now, I'm tired, I'm stressed and I'm trying to get knocked up. So I quit.

And on top off all of this one of the women present will be my husband's ex wife. They dated though the last year of high shcool and were married 6 years. They have been divorced 7 years. She still calls him (only when she knows I'm not around) and she told my 19 year old niece who ran into her for the first time last week that she wasn't ever going to get married again because Ed broke her heart and she doesn't want any other man. This woman is 38 years old. I would think she would have either A) gotten over it or B) have the class not to tell her ex husband's niece such things.

So I'm going to go to the party. And I'm going to have fun with all of the guys that I really enjoy and two women who are truly secure enough in themselves to not give two shits what other women look like. But because I can be shallow I'm going in my new size 6 skinny leg jeans, my rockin BCBG sweater and these amazing shoes. I'm going to be ridiculously nice and I'm going to look hot doing it. Kill them with kidness right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was "That Girl" in my 20s (and 30s) too. Walk into a room and have all these strange women turn and look at me as if I should be six feet under the grave.

Bottom line, fuck 'em. Doesn't matter what they think. Be nice, be yourself, they won't like you anyway. Their real problem is with themselves, not you. Don't sweat it. Just remember what - and who - is important. But respect their places as wives of their husbands. If you plan on "having a good time" chatting it up with them, you can expect some daggers to come your way. Stick with yours.

Lindsey said...

Sticking with my hubby is a good plan. My only issue- I am so not the kind of girl that hangs on her husband everywhere she goes. If I can hang with him and not look like I'm following him like a lost puppy, I will. If however he leaves me to go do something insanely redneck I will simply have to make note of all the fun ways to torture him later. "But honey I just can't go jeans shopping with out someone there to give me their opinion. On every. Single. Pair." Heh

SpeakerTweaker said...

You are truly evil.

Reminds me of The Wifey. She's gotten the daggers a few times herself, but (ironically) usually from women YOUNGER than her. She's 7.5 years my senior.

She's hot.

Other women (i.e. women other than you, Babs, and most certainly The Wifey) can be pretty fickle sometimes. Poor them.

So go. Be hot. Like you own the place.

;)



tweaker

Lindsey said...

Tweaker- First off good for you for thinking your wife is hot! I like to hear that. I actually enjoy seeing really attractive older women. It makes me realize that if I take care of myself that I don't have to look like my mother (a tanning bed addict and heavy smoker) when I'm "grown up." Alot of women my age feel intimidated by hot older women. As a general rule women in their 20's and early 30's feel that their looks are what set them apart from women in their 40's or 50's. But when the intellegent, wordly, experienced (wink wink) older woman is hot to boot it really throws them for a loop. I don't care what age a woman is, if you got it, flaunt it. Just don't be a sniveling whiny moron. Now THAT really pisses me off.

Lindsey said...

Tweaker- First off good for you for thinking your wife is hot! I like to hear that. I actually enjoy seeing really attractive older women. It makes me realize that if I take care of myself that I don't have to look like my mother (a tanning bed addict and heavy smoker) when I'm "grown up." Alot of women my age feel intimidated by hot older women. As a general rule women in their 20's and early 30's feel that their looks are what set them apart from women in their 40's or 50's. But when the intellegent, wordly, experienced (wink wink) older woman is hot to boot it really throws them for a loop. I don't care what age a woman is, if you got it, flaunt it. Just don't be a sniveling whiny moron. Now THAT really pisses me off.