Wednesday, October 3, 2007

At what point....

Does a lack of sleep start to kill brain cells? I love my job. I do. But getting up at 2:45 am to be at work by 4 and then not getting to bed until 9 is killing me. So I took a nap. And now I feel lazy. *sigh* I must keep telling my self that it's OK if the laundry doesn't get done rightthisinstant.

This also happens to be the Week Of Birthdays! Joy. Nanny and (Great) Aunt Pearl were 79 yesterday. Fraternal twins names Addy Muriel and Abby Pearl. Yeah they weren't thrilled either. I went to get nanny's birthday present yesterday and was so focused on seeing he this Saturday that I forgot to call her on her *actual* birthday. How stupid am I?

FIL's 65th birthday is Thursday. He isn't taking it well. In fact he's taking it exactly the opposite of well. He and his wife hate each other and don't understand that being married 37 years but sleeping in different bedrooms for the last 25 so you don't kill each other does NOT constitute a "successful" marriage. I hope to hell we don't have to have a family dinner. Between MIL and LazySIL (My own personal HandoutQueen)and her 4 whiny kids I'll do good not to kill someone.

Sunday is hubby's 36th birthday and also my (Great) Aunt Esther's birthday. Everyone is in town for the yearly family reunion (is that a southern thing? I never hear about anyone else having them) on Saturday so I got the two aunts photo albums and a cards and I got the SuperGrandma a picture frame with a verse from Philippians's on it and a place to record your voice. I'm going to put a pic of her and Remington in it and have him record "I love you Nanny!" I got Ed a card but I'm never sure what to get him for his birthday. He says nothing and the things he does want I certainly can't afford with my paycheck. *sigh* I'm sure I'll think of something.

The only downside to the reunion is that it's scheduled on OU/Texas weekend. Blasphemy!

3 comments:

BobG said...

Not very fun work hours. I spent some time with an even worse schedule a few years back; 3:00 to 14:00, Friday through Monday. Made for a lousy weekend.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I hope Oklahoma beats the ever-loving snot out of UT Saturday.



tweaker (from Texas)

Lindsey said...

No, Bob, they aren't very fun hours at all. But they work out well for someone with a two year old, a husband, and a graduate program to complete. Though some days I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew!

Tweaker- We won! Apprently. I'm at my dad's nursing a horrendous sinus infection and I think I slept through most of the game. Now I remember why I never take any kind of medicine. I forget how much I appreciate being lucid!