Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Why I do believe I feel faint

So I passed out at work. Nothing gets the attention of two dozen men faster than a woman fainting. I'm hypoglycemic and I'm usually pretty good about watching my sugar and eating on time. Today I was not so good at it. My bosses freaked out and made me go home. In fact not only did they make me go home they made my husband come and get me. *sigh* Liability is a pain in my ass.

I went to the doctor and since I was going anyway I asked him to write me a note saying it was OK for me to return to work. After a severe ass eating over my choice of breakfast foods (chocolate doughnut) he wrote me the note and told me to tell my boss that if I let it happen again he shouldn't send me home he should feed me crackers and slap the snot out of me. That the kind of medical advice you can only get from a man who's known your family for 20 years.

So that was my eventful day. Here's to a boring Wednesday!

No comments: