I met my best friend in birthing class. Her daughter is 6 days younger than Remington. He husband is a major in the Air Force and makes excellent money (this will matter in a moment.) She is a stay at home mom. She's a bit of a hippy. He is clean cut, anal retentive military. They fight all the time. They parent differently. No, not differently. They parent like they are from different planets.
They fight. Loudly and frequently. This increased once they had a child. A baby only amplified their differences. Four months ago she had consulted an attorney and was looking for an apartment. Then, later, I told her Ed and I had decided to have another child. Getting pregnant isn't easy for me. It takes time, fertility treatments and lots of face to hoo hoo time with my OB. No really, I'm not bitter.
Recently she she decided to get knocked up. He thinks it was an accident. Financially they are secure so this isn't devastating news to him. He takes it in stride. She thinks if she is pregnant he will be nice to her. She was wrong. A month ago I tell her about the appointment with my reproductive endocrinologist. The next week she tells me she decided to get pregnant. Yesterday she tells me that they are still Fighting and she thinks she should have an abortion. Did you hear my jaw hit the floor? She terminated one pregnancy in her early twenties so I know she's capable of it.
Let's review- Me, trying to have a child while allowing many strangers to invade my reproductive organs. She- aware that I'm fighting to get pregnant. Disregarding my feelings and admitting she got pregnant on purpose to trap her husband and then telling me that it didn't work so now she thinks she should terminate.
I think this friendship is past it's expiration date. Not only am I fiercely pro life getting pregnant to "fix" anything is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long time. I'm speechless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I just don't have a clue how folks can be so heartless. I swear, people can be so selfish sometimes. And to tell you that she's considering an abortion since her little "trap" didn't work like it's no big deal and she can get pregnant again anytime...
Grrr...
If I were a chick, I'd beat up girls like that. Maybe it's time to curl my hair and paint my na... Uh-oh. I've gone too far.
tweaker
Thanks Tweaker. I have some fierce red nail polish if you want to borrow it....
Post a Comment