Monday, July 30, 2007

Gun lust

I went to the range yesterday to teach a class. I shoot IPSC and every year in the late summer/early fall my women's group hosts a class for newbies. We aim for women but everyone is welcome. We've got a match coming up on Sunday so we thought this week would be a good time. It's soon enough that if they get excited about it they won't have to wait, thus taking the chance the excitement may diminish. I'm a total pistol girl. I hate shooting clays but I'll use a shot gun to shoot small furries (or large furries, or winged prey, whatever.) In any case the shotgun and I are on OK terms but I'm not about to wet my pants over it. I do really enjoy rifles. In fact I have a Les Baer AR15 that will make prairie dog goo in a heartbeat. But in my heart it's really all about the pistol. I haven't gotten into the true "race" guns. Yet. It's a truly expensive habit and I just know that once I go there, there will be no return. So for competition I use pretty much out of the box. I'll add a flared magazine well for easy reloads and of course new sights. And I may have my gunsmith do a little trigger work depending on how tight it is.
So tonight I'm going to feed my addiction with this-

A Para Ordnance Todd Jarrett USPSA Limited Edition .40 pistol. It comes with a Novak Extreme Duty® adjustable rear sight combined with a fiber optic front sight. It also has a magazine well as cavernous as “Jaws” so you can smoke reloads like Todd. Or so the web site says. In any case I'm in love. Seriously smitten. Now I have to go do some serious damage to the bank account. Who needs clothes when you've got firearms and accessories!

No comments: