Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Judgements

We all judge people. Some of us more often and more harshly than others, but we all do it. That's where stereotypes come from. I hate when I catch myself judging people. I'm a frequent offender and make a consious effort not to. I know how i come off. And for the most part it's innacurate. I'm tall, thin, and really blonde. I tan (b/c I'm of the opinion that tan fat looks better than white fat and yes I know I'm not fat but my painfully Irish skin still irks me in the summer) and I have good size boobs. I look like I would be a complete idiot. I hate when people judge me by the way I look so I try my very best not to do the same to other people. Still this morning at 3:45 am in the 7-11 parking lot on my way to work two young men pulled up with loud rap type music (noise) and got our with their pants halfway down their ass and their hats on crooked with ciggarettes in their hands. And for a moment the feel of my .22 strapped inside my waistband was a very comforting feeling. So I wonder, at what point does having good sense cross over into being overly judgemental and paranoid?

No comments: