Goodness. I've been busy. Between school (I took WAY too many hours) and work and my 2 1/2 year old and my husband I don't have time to turn around. I have a test this week, two discussion boards to complete and an essay. I also have got to get to the eye doctor. I'm on my last pair of contacts and I'm blind as a bat with out them.
Also my birthday is a week from today. I have to work next Friday so I won't be doing anything that day. However my a good friend is going to take me out to eat the weekend after. There is the Mexican food restaurant that has the absolute best salsa and queso. The ice cold Tequate doesn't hurt either.
On the down side my best friend in the entire world has his doctor's appt next Wednesday. He was diagnosed with lung cancer 4 years ago. The removed 3 of the 4 spots but the last one left is super close to his spine (the pictures look like it's almost right on top) and his oncologist was afraid the surgery would be more dangerous then the cancer. So every six months he goes in for a PET scan. If the spot is the same he goes on about his business. However if it's larger something will have to be done. I'm nervous. I just can't imagine not having him around. He seems to handle it well though. He really has an amazing outlook on life. He's a fireman and he says that having seen all that he's seen you learn to look at life differently.
I know he's scared though. He has an 18 inch scar that runs from behind his ear down his jawline and neck. He has a spot on his stomach where the feeding tube was b/c his throat was paralyzed from surgery. Not to mention how UNfun chemo is. So for those of you that do it, prayers would be great. He's a really wonderful guy who has been the best friend anyone could ask for. For those of you that don't pray what ever good wishes you've got are most welcome.
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment