Sunday, June 3, 2007

Democratic Debate

I see 8 people on that stage. I swear I do. Unfortunately it seems that only 3 of them have obtained the ability to speak. Mrs. Bill Clinton, Obama, and The Breck Girl (Edwards for you non Rush listeners) seem to be the rather dim stars of the Democrat's show.
One of there favorite question to ask it seems (as they've asked not only the Republicans but the Democrats as well) is "If elected how would you use Bill Clinton in your presidency?" Um do wha'?
First of all I can only assume that taking him out and shooting him isn't an option. Barring that, I would think that Ol' Bill himself might want a say in what he does. Since he seems so eager to hang on to the spotlight I'm guessing something that gets him out among the people is what's he'd want. Especially young, eager, power hungry people. (that's as far as I'm going with the Lewinsky innuendo's)
The other thing I noticed in watching the debate is that all 8 of the candidates seem to be running against Bush. I'm not sure if anyone has told them this, but Bush won't be their opponent. It no longer matters what an awful job he may or may not have done. What matters is the up and coming GOP candidates (BTW, Draft Fred ). All I here is "this administration" this and "this administration" that. Guess what ya'll? This administration is gettin' the boot come January 09'. Not to mention that they keep tossing W's approval rating around like it means something. It's at around 37% right now. Have any of the Senators up on that stage bothered to learn that the Senate's approval rating is around *29%*. Yeah, the American people hate Bush. But they REALLY hate you. That must make ya feel all warm and fuzzy right?
I made it through most of the debate and then realized my toenails needed painting and that took precedence. I TiVo'd the last half hour and when I think my senses can handle another load of bullshit I'll give it my best to finish it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did you think about the GOP debate? They were even tougher on Bush than the Dems were...separating themselves, I'm sure but WOW.

"What would you do with Bush?"

"Well I certainly wouldn't send him out to the United Nations."

"I'd tell him not to darken the doorsteps of the White House."

WOW.

Lindsey said...

They were alot more intense about their feelings than I thought they would be. They were also tougher on each other. Poor John McCain shot himself in the foot when he teemed up with Ol' Teddy Kennedy. And what was with the obscure comment about banning ALL immigration? I sure hope Fred runs. Right now it's shaping up to be another Kerry/Bush option. You know the whole lesser of two evils thing.