Monday, June 18, 2007

Balls of Steel

I heart the British guy who decided to say the hell with political correctness and went on a rant about Islam. He says everything in this short clip that many of us have been thinking for years. I'll admit to at least one jaw dropping moment (when he says he doesn't want to be murdered by some "carpet chewing, book burning muppet, with shit for brains" I'll admit to thinking "Damn that's asking for it don't ya think?") but for the most part the fellow is spot on.
He's right when he says that the Muslims bitching about being "respected" has started a downhill slide of other groups demanding the same. I am civil until given a reason not to be. But respect implies that there is something to be admired. I'm not going to respect you just because your DNA happens to read human, instead of say, squirrel.
Free speech is used to justify all kinds of bullshit. Porn for instance. Pornography is NOT free speech. It is commerce. If those naked women stopped making Hef and Larry piles of dough they'd drop them before you could say Viagra. I have a feeling when our men and women were fighting the Nazi's to protect our citizens from the oppression that so many were subjected to under Hitler's reign, that they weren't exactly thinking that would apply to suicide bombers and women taking offensive parts of equine up the ass.
Besides the First Amendment only protects you from being prosecuted by Congress and the judicial branches of government for expressing your opinion on religion, assembling peaceable and so on and so forth. No where in the Amendment does it say that I, a young southern woman with conservative values, has to listen to you rant and rave about virgins and pork. The First Amendment doesn't require that I "respect" any damn thing you say. By law I cannot harm you (though I think the occasional slap upside the head would do many people good. Me included on occasion) and I cannot "slander" you. But I do NOT have to respect you or admire you.
Anyone who tells me, in the face of everything that has and is happening, that Islam is a "peaceful" religion is going to overload my bullshit meter. Every religion has it's extremists and b/c of the way our media works they always get more air time. But Jerry Falwell, in all his judgemental days, never ONCE encouraged anyone to blow up the homosexuals he spoke so ill of. Billy Graham hasn't ever killed a liquor store owner just b/c he doesn't drink. Rev Jackson hasn't ever stolen a plane to fly into Obama's house for not being "black enough." They've all said some pretty ignorant, close minded things but they have never encouraged anyone to harm those they held in disdain for what ever reason. As a result, though I may not agree with them, I respect their right to express their opinions. I do not now, nor will I ever respect a group who insists that the only way to get to heaven is to kill. Mr. Brit With Steel Balls is correct, that doesn't make you religious, it makes you insane. They make pills for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear that? That's me standing and applauding...