Friday, August 10, 2007

Exhibitionists

Hubby and I are going to the lake this evening with some friends. On of those friends has a new girlfriend. Now neither my other half nor I are huge drinkers. We have a beer or two when we go out to eat Mexican and he'll have a beer when his brother comes over (the SIL and I drink Mimosa's). But when we go to the lake all bets are off. We've got a 24 foot pontoon boar that we sleep on when we go so since driving isn't an issue we've been known to knock down a few. Now hubby has lived in the same town nearly all his life and most of his friends he's had for 16-17 years. Once you fill them full of liquid courage and throw in their wives or girlfriends someone is getting nekkid. Now I'm not an exhibitionist by nature. I don't go around flashing unsuspecting men or women. But I've know all of these people for about 7 years now and I'm pretty comfy around them. All of them came to the hospital after the Stinker was born and while I was just figuring out how to nurse so they've all pretty much seen it anyway. So I'm pretty amused at the thought of said recently divorced friend bringing a new girl on the boat. I'm probably the only one there who will give pause to consider how she might react. Chad (the best friend) will flat out tell her if she doesn't like it she can leave. There is a reason he's been married 4 times and none of them lasted over 2 years. He's a great friend but he can be an ass and makes no apologies. If you don't like him you don't have to be around him.

Even after being with hubby so long I'm still the "new" girl. And this group of guys is about as tight as you can get so it can be intimidating meeting them. Especially all at once. But I guess Chris really likes this woman so I'm hoping I can do my best to make her feel welcome. She's still going to see Chad's penis though. It's like the official initiation. I just hope no one throws her off the boat.

No comments: