So I'm obsessed with TiVo. I'm also obsessed about what others TiVo. What is it they deem good enough to watch in "real time" and what do they want to see but think can wait?
There are a few shows that I watch ASAP. I'll wait about 20 minutes after they start so I can FF through the commercials but still, I insist on being there to watch the night that there on. This list is short but includes Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal (mmmmm Patrick Dempsey and James Spader) along with Law and Order: Criminal Intent (but only he ones with Vincent DiNofrio) and Law and Order: SVU.
My husband insists on being there to watch Veronica Mars which seems odd to me but I can see how even a grown man could become obsessed with Kristen Bell.
Then there are the shows that go straight to TiVo. Though I must say Burn Notice is quickly becoming a reason to stay awake. Jeffery Donovan is H-O-T and the show is engaging and hilarious.
I'm a reality show addict. It's sad. I know the shows are awful and I won't insist on being home to watch them but I TiVo them and save them for rainy, bored, or laundry days. Shows like Girls Next Door, Top Chef and Hey Paula. I know they're stupid when I watch them but hey, a girls got to have a guilty pleasure right?
I also TiVo my "girly" shows. Army Wives, Side Order of Life and My Boys.
I am a TiVo addict. I record all of these shows and they sit there, on my Recorded List until I finally have some free time that I feel I can use to do with what I please. Which means it isn't unusual to have 3 weeks worth of shows all recorded and waiting to be watched. Today however, the house is clean, the kiddo is with Grandma and i have 4 loads of laudry to fold. I'm going to indulge in bad TV.
So what's on your TiVo?
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I don't have TiVo per se but since I live out in the boonies where we only have satellite TV I have become addicted to my DVR. To the point that I just simply expect to be able to rewind anything that I've missed no matter where I am.;) Can't do that, though.
What I have mine programmed to record routinely is Cold Case, The Closer, America' Got Talent, and My Workout by PodFitness. ;)
I'm the same way. I forget if I'm watching something that isn't recorded and I get annoyed when I have to watch commercials. DVR is an advertiser's worst nightmare.
Yeah. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have so Freakin'. Many. Of them. Every. Time.
Oh, yeah. I don't know about TiVo or how it works but my DVR automatically records live TV up to two hours of any given channel while you're watching it. So when the commercials get on my nerves or my kids get to talking I just pause the whole thing and then move forward when all is said and done. I LOVE that. I am SPOILED.
Post a Comment