Friday, August 31, 2007

The joy of discovery

So Stinker is 2 1/2 and is discovering new stuff every second. He's already the size of a 5 year old (literally at 42.5 lbs and 43 inches) and this kid has a vocabulary that will floor you. He uses words like ludicrous and ridiculous and in the correct context even. He also has a look and a tone of voice that makes most grown adults feel stupid. He is my child.
So tonight he's taking his shower. He hates baths so I stand him in the shower and wash him then leave him to his own devices (with everything soap like out of reach and while checking on him often) and that's just what we did this evening. So I'm in the next room checking email and I hear this "Mommy mommy mommmy....." in an alarmed high pitch screech. So up I go into the bathroom and I pull back the curtain to find my son butt naked on his tiptoes, yelping and dancing around the water spray like a rabid dog. He looks at me with the most sincere look and says "That's water's freaking cold!" That's my boy.
I wondered how long it was going to take him to find the Cold and Hot controls. Thankfully he turned off the hot water instead of the other way around.

No comments: