Thursday, August 2, 2007

To my husband

I don't tell you ant of these things nearly as often as you deserve to hear them. So I'm immortalizing them here online so everyone will know how much I appreciate you.
I'd like to thank you for supporting me. When I told you I wanted to start competition pistol shooting you immediately went out and bought me the best pistol we could afford. When I mentioned I'd like to start hunting you set up a trip just for me. When I told you i wanted to go back and get my graduate degree you paid for my books and picked up the slack at home so I would have more time to study. When I look tired you always mange to find something fun for you and our son to do out of the house so I can nap.
I never have to worry about my oil changes, the yard work, the leaky toilet or having the propane filled. You aren't very talkative at all, much less about your "feelings." But these things say more to me than any amount of flowers or jewelry or cards.
You're an amazing father. Our son will never have to feel the way you and your brothers do. He'll never wonder why you never took him fishing or hunting. He'll never lack for someone to practice pitching or tackles. No matter how badly your knees hurt you never complain when he wants you to lay in the floor and be his jungle gym. When he falls or gets hurt you always manage to beat me to him to ask if he's OK and to give him hugs. You're also faithful in sneaking him candy and ice cream.
You remember my birthday and our anniversary. You ask me why I bother putting on make up. And you mean it. You're patient with me me when even Job wouldn't be. You tolerate my mood swings even if it means leaving until I calm down down.
You understand how I communicate and it doesn't bother you when I have lunch with other men. You know I'm coming home to you and you never doubt that.
You loved my stomach when it was flat and you love it still even with my C cection scar and the stretch marks. Even now, 6 years later and 20 pounds heaver, you tell me, often, how sexy I am.
I love that your a "big" man. You always make me feel safe and I get a kick out of buying you dress shirts and telling them you have a 48" chest. I find you incredibly sexy. Even if you do think your fat (you're not.)
I never imagined that I would fall in love with someone more than a decade older than me but I also never imagined I could love someone this much. You're the first person I want to call when something good (or bad) happens. We've had hard roads, and easy ones, but we always come out at the end, together.
I respect how hard you worked so I could stay home with our son and I can never thank you enough. There is nothing I can't do with you by my side.
Our anniversary is in a few weeks and I can't believe it's all gone so fast. Here's to a lifetime of anniversary's with you. To watching our son grow and spending our last years going senile together.

2 comments:

Feeling Frugal said...

this is amazing writing
you are a lucky woman
and your husband is a lucky man
happy anniversary

Lindsey said...

Thank you so much!