I work with alot of men. Out of 400+ employees there may be three dozen women. Most of the guys I come in direct contact with are under thirty. And I've noticed some disturbing trends- blonde highlights, plucked eyebrows, tanning bed overdose, pink shirts, ankle tattoo's, manicures, enough hair gel to fix the Titanic, not to mention the jewelry in every appendage they can poke a hole in. I've never seen a man over 35 dress this way. At least not one that wasn't getting paid to tour. I could never in a million years date a guy that took longer to get ready than I do.
And can I just mention that a man putting his 28 inch waist into 42 waist pants is as bad as a a woman who tries to squeeze a size 14 butt into a size 6 six pant. For God sakes pull up your damn pants. And what's with the outdated wallet chains? It looks like your dog jumped into your back pocket.
My husband is a jeans and t-shirt guy. For special occasions he may substitute a polo shirt or a button up for the t-shirt but you ain't gettin him outta those jeans. Thankfully this is Oklahoma and no one cares. I think I've seen him in khakis twice in 6 years. He would also die before he let you put gel, mousse or dye in his hair. I think he'd cut his head completely off before you got close. As he puts it "that's women stuff." Manicures and pink shirts are so far out of his realm of reality I'm not even sure he'd know what you were talking about.
So where are all the "real" men? The ones who still change their own oil and can rescue me if I have a flat (yes I CAN change it but I'd rather not.)The ones who would protect my honor in a bar and drink beer instead of something in a hurricane glass. Where are the men who hold doors open and help me with my coat?
I could almost understand these failings from a kid of 18 or 19 (not that I would excuse it but I know how teenagers are) but by the time you hit 26 you should have a basic grasp of how treat a woman.
But that makes me think that maybe it's because women aren't the same. Women my age are mostly promiscuous, not very bright, and far from independent. If they aren't demanding respect from these guys then it's no wonder men have gotten so self absorbed.
I just sincerly hope that this is a trend and that thee are other women out there besides my self who are raising their sons to be respectful men. And who will point out to him that maybe a manacurist's chair isn't the best place to pick up a chick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It is a trend, and there's a name for it: Metrosexual.
Which to me, is as close to homo- as a hetero- can get. I despise it.
You're right it's just this side of gay. Oklahoma (and Georgia as well I would guess) is just not the best place to be homosexual.
Hair gel? Nope. I don't even own a comb. If it's too long for my fingers to arrange it, it gets cut.
Jewelry? Watch that never leaves my left wrist. Maybe a wedding ring if I meet the right woman again.
Manicure? Sure. It's a MANicure, meaning I wear mine down, thankyouverymuch.
Tan? Pretty much. Done the traditional way, using lots of work and play in the outdoors.
Tattoo? Not on your life, sister.
Highlights and waxing? Uuuhhh, no. That's just gay. I do trim my goatee neatly and shave my head on occasion.
Wear pink? Actually yes, on occasion. I'm man enough to wear pink and not give a rat's ass what someone else thinks. I'll even wear it while fixing your flat. ;)
So AD I'm I correct in assuming that the back of your neck, your arms from mid bicep down and your legs from mid thigh down are all that's tan? What does my husband call that? Oh yeah. Farmers tan. LOL
Post a Comment